We had a beautiful weekend, perfect for getting some fall chores done. We put up our final load of hay, raked leaves for the compost, and gathered a little wood for our supplemental wood heater.
Mark figured out how to get the wood burner working, with no singed eyebrows and just a single, spraying blowout of the water line that leads into the furnace. The burner heats water, which feeds into lines that circulate around the furnace’s air intake, pre-heating the air, (hopefully) reducing the amount of gas we have to burn. We’re still in the process of moving it all into the wood shed, and we’re guessing it’ll last at least for the year. If nothing else, at least we got a workout hauling it all.