When we bought the house we knew that one of the first big projects we would have tackle would be fixing the roof on the barn. Over time the roof had developed a couple of weak spots that began to leak quite a bit. Although the leak had only caused minor problems with the floor in the haymow, it needed to be fixed as soon as possible. After getting a few different quotes on different types of repair we decided to go with a new steel roof that matches the rest of the out buildings. We hired a local contractor and his crew to do the work. For some reason the idea of standing on a ladder holding 12ft lengths of steel roofing didn’t seem like a very safe proposition. We figured that the saying “leave it to the professionals” applied in this situation. Other than it taking a while to get the crew out the farm, everything seems to have turned out great. It is certainly nice to have it done, especially because it was finished about 4 hours before our first big snow.